Thursday, February 13, 2014

2 months

A year ago today I was in the midst of my second miscarriage and had a d&c. It is really hard to wrap my head around what a difference a year can make. There are no words. This time last year I was sitting in a hospital prep room and this year I'm sipping coffee by the fire, watching the snow melt, and cuddling my sweet little girl. If babies aren't miracles I'm not sure what is. We are so blessed and humbled. Now, let's celebrate!

Woohoo, I'm 2 months old!


This has been a big month for us!

Livy's become so much more alert and active. It is a delight to watch her personality blossom. 
She's mastered smiling!! Her first was on her daddy's 30th birthday and then her first big toothless smile was at Doc! Just last night I went into the nursery to check on her and she was just beaming up at me. It took a lot of will power to leave her in the crib and not scoop her up for more snuggles.

She's still a voracious eater. I've been struggling with over-supply and differing advice from pediatricians,  my ob, and lactation... but I think we've finally figured it out.

At her appointment yesterday she weighed 9lbs 4oz (16th percentile) and was 22 inches long (50th percentile). She definitely gets her long and lean genes from her daddy. She spit out all of her oral vaccine (oops) and screamed bloody murder during her three shots. I've never seen her so upset. Luckily, it didn't take me long to soothe her and we only had a little fussiness and a low fever later.

Big developments in the sleep department! She started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks!
She consistently sleeps from 8:00pm - 5:30am (sometimes 6:00am). I give most of the credit to Moms on Call! As soon as we started it at 5.5 weeks she started only waking once a night (between 3:00 and 4:00am) and now we're getting a whole night's sleep. Ahhhh.

She eats every 3 hours during the day with 1.5 to 2 hour naps in between. She still occasionally wakes up 45 minutes into her nap but usually puts herself back to sleep.

We battled a rash on her torso and neck for a few weeks. I think it was skin sensitivity to laundry detergent. She also had a plugged tear duct that quickly cleared up.

All in all she's a fabulous baby and I cannot believe how lucky we are.


We're still working on holding our head up, but we're getting there!
She's been lifting her head and shoulders up during tummy time and even rolled on her side this week!
Uh-oh!



She's definitely Frank's little mini me.


Now to toot my own horn for a moment... I finally finished an outfit for her! I smocked this day gown and put it together myself and I am so proud.






That's all for now. We're loving our little life!


3 comments:

  1. She's precious! And you did a fantastic job on the day gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last photo especially! can't wait to see you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livy is definitely a little gorgeous, miracle sent straight to you both, directly from God above. I used to sew all the time and I don't even really know how to smock.. or forgot how.... you did a fabulous job. WTG Mom!

    ReplyDelete